Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Spotting Weekend 2014 (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Spotting Weekend Schedule of Events (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=9869)

Nigel C 30th March 2014 07:24 PM

How about public transport (train perhaps?) to the terminal? I don't know what the cost of the train would be, but surely it's cheaper than parking?

Philip Argy 30th March 2014 07:41 PM

Safety?

I would not be recommending that any young ladies travel alone on Sydney trains at 5 am ...

Nigel C 30th March 2014 08:09 PM

Offer to meet up a one station and travel in as a group. There's more than one way to skin this cat!

And for everyone attending this year's event, have a great time both in the airfield and at the other functions. A lot of work has gone into the planning of this over a very long time, so I hope it goes well and with lots of positive feedback!
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to any day of this year's event.

Philip Argy 30th March 2014 08:20 PM

Calling all Saturday attendees

OK - let's give Nige's idea a run - who wants to catch the train to T1 to avoid at least the bulk of the $57 parking fee?

James R 30th March 2014 08:52 PM

Catching the train at 0500 would be much safer than parking at Arncliffe or Tempe and walking in my experience.

Zac M 30th March 2014 08:55 PM

Car pool and split the parking bill???

JamesW 31st March 2014 08:03 AM

I am looking at just parking the car somewhere around Mascot and catching the 400 into the international terminal. Always an option for those located in the East-South suburbs.

Nadia B-J 31st March 2014 08:12 AM

Thanks everyone, these are all really good ideas.

As Philip noted, going on the train isn't the safest option for me...
I live in Newtown and seriously considering getting a cab however car pooling sounds very appealing as does James' idea of the 400 bus from Mascot.
What to do?

Let's see what develops during the week. As always, many thanks, Cheers :)

Rob Fluke 31st March 2014 12:55 PM

I'm looking at parking on the other side of the bridge opposite the Intl terminal (Around near the Rowers If I can get a spot) and just walking across....

There is also a park/sports field opposite the Airport which has parking but I'm unsure if its time restricted, might have to scope it out before Friday Night!!

Philip Argy 4th April 2014 12:48 PM

Anyone want a lift?

If anyone wants a lift this afternoon or tomorrow, I will be travelling to T1 from Drummoyne at about 4pm today and tomorrow morning I will be travelling from Chifley/Matraville at about 5.45 am.

I'm happy to pick up anyone along my route who wants to park outside the airport precincts. I have purchased pre-booked parking at T1 so will be driving there anyway.

I can take three passengers (four if you don't mind being squished) - just email me and nominate where you want to be picked up and when: pargy@argystar.com

UNLESS YOU GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL I WILL NOT BE PICKING YOU UP!! That could be because others were quicker than you, or because your location is not convenient for me. :eek: