Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Big Aussie Stuffup..Free Velocity Upgrade! (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=4319)

Ryan K 13th November 2009 08:12 PM

Virgin Blue Velocity free upgrade email

Earlier today, I received an email from Virgin Blue advising that I'd been upgraded to Velocity Gold for a year - with all the trimmings. It told me I'd have free lounge access, priority check in etc..... After going to the Virgin Blue site later on there was a messgage there saying:

"Oops, due to an error, you may have received an email regarding a gold upgrade by mistake. Please disregard the free upgrade communication. We apologised for any inconvenience caused."

A lot of my friends also received this email, any word if this went out to every Velocity member and what may have casued it?

Michael Mak 13th November 2009 08:15 PM

I got one too, got me all excited for a little while.

Ryan K 13th November 2009 08:17 PM

Would love to know how it happened.... a disgruntled employee perhaps?? :D

Dan Hammond 13th November 2009 08:19 PM

I got one too. I also just got an email telling me it was an error, funny enough the title at the top of the email was "Friday the 13th strikes"

Robert S 13th November 2009 08:42 PM

Please do not post the immediate entire above post - thank you. mod.

Got the same thing. Had a fairly crappy day at work so thought the first e-mail was a nice Friday afternoon surprise. Now got home and saw the second e-mail... nice let down. :(

Joe Frampton 13th November 2009 09:00 PM

I reckon some angry types will be either escalating their demand for the gold membership as high as they can go, or going to the ACCC or considering a class action...

It might be a mistake, and most of us can understand that, but it's a pretty big mistake... especially when you have something, personalised, in writing outlining the benefits one will receive... however this happened, I'm sure some heads will roll

Some seriously ****ed off customers with Virgin Blue me thinks :) But no use fighting it really...

Marty H 13th November 2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan K (Post 37455)
Would love to know how it happened.... a disgruntled employee perhaps?? :D

No we had one of those emails internal last week though....... was quite humerous:)

Arthur T 13th November 2009 09:13 PM

I also received this e-mail and I am flying Virgin Blue to Canberra later.
I will see whether they treat me like a Gold member and may consider ACCC actions if applicable.

Marty H 13th November 2009 09:14 PM

I got the same email, Ive never swiped my Velocity card ever, so Im no where near Gold.

Nathan Long 13th November 2009 09:40 PM

Such a shame that we all missed out on a shmoke und a pancake. Almost toit like a toiger. Yesh Yesh Yesh.