Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Flying and Technical Discussion (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2008 RAAF Air show (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=1129)

Andrew McLaughlin 6th August 2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerard M (Post 10150)
Any idea when you'll be able to buy tickets? It says that they will be avaliabe closer to the date?

Just get them at the gate I guess. I doubt they'll sell out.

Beau Chenery 12th August 2008 07:12 PM

You can buy your tickets online at Ticketek

Greg McDonald 7th September 2008 04:04 PM

Is there any definitive list of aircraft that will be appearing at the airshow yet? At one stage there was a B52 showing on the airshow website but it appears it has been removed. How many are planning the trip up?

Andrew McLaughlin 7th September 2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McDonald (Post 12145)
Is there any definitive list of aircraft that will be appearing at the airshow yet? At one stage there was a B52 showing on the airshow website but it appears it has been removed. How many are planning the trip up?

Any attendees would be subject to operational requirements Greg, so I doubt even the show organisers have a "definitive" list. That said, there will probably be some USAF participation on some level.

Just on the show, and if the mods will indulge me a shameless plug, the magazine will have a stand at the show with our October issue (F/A-18 & F-15 cover) at a special show price. Myself, Paul Sadler and Lee Ann Simm will be there, so anyone attending please drop by and say hi. :D

Cheers

Andrew

Tony G 7th September 2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McDonald (Post 12145)

There is a C130 J model going up there. I was asked if i wanted to go up but my second love the motogp is on the same weekend :(and I committed to that before the airshow. I'll be watching Casey Stoner win at the Island:D.I hope. I will be back at work tomorrow, hopefully I can get some details to post that can be helpful.

S.Greaves 20th September 2008 03:45 PM

Hi, does anyone know if any of the airlines have a charter running to the show from Sydney?

damien b 21st September 2008 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.Greaves (Post 12854)
Hi, does anyone know if any of the airlines have a charter running to the show from Sydney?

Jestar flies into Avalon daily from Sydney.

Micheil Keegan 21st September 2008 05:21 AM

Good thing the airshow is at Amberly....

damien b 21st September 2008 01:00 PM

woops -:o wrong airshow, just been reading the page on avalon before.

Gerard M 28th September 2008 10:36 PM

Does anyone know whether the 707 will be making an appearance even though it is retired? I thought i heard somewhere that it was?

Gerard