Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Virgin jet forced to make high-speed landing (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=1287)

NickN 13th August 2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

I think news.com.au got it a little wrong.
Absolutely nothing surprising there!!!!

Any why would a jet with landing gear failure want to land at high speed. What a stupid heading.

Adrian B 13th August 2008 01:39 PM

Never let the truth or fact get n the way of a sensationalised headline. Did some mention that they feared for their lives???

Bill S 13th August 2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty H (Post 10718)
They go u/s quite a bit, Embaer are much like the Hyundai of plane manufactuers.

That'd be funny if it were remotely correct.

ChrisG. 13th August 2008 03:18 PM

You know, Hyundai's might be cheap, but has anyone else noticed how they just keep going and going? I've driven my fair share of old Hyundai's, and I swear you've gotta drop a 2 ton truck on top of them before they stop.

So if the Embraer's are like Hyundai's, you won't have one breaking down on you, :D.

Chris

Bill S 13th August 2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisG. (Post 10755)
You know, Hyundai's might be cheap, but has anyone else noticed how they just keep going and going? I've driven my fair share of old Hyundai's, and I swear you've gotta drop a 2 ton truck on top of them before they stop.

Quick thread hijack sorry - Not all of them were/are.
A mate of mine had one that was so bad, he very nearly parked it out the front of the Hyundai HQ in Sydney to pour petrol over it and burn it in protest.

ChrisG. 13th August 2008 03:25 PM

Ahh, that sucks.

Maybe it's just the old one's that keep going and going?

However, it'd be very unfair to compare the unbreakable Hyundai, to the unbreakable Hilux. Even Top Gear proved you can't break a Hilux. Maybe that's what you've gotta drop onto a Hyundai to get it to break?

Chris

Zac M 13th August 2008 03:28 PM

which e-jet was it?

Ash W 13th August 2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickN (Post 10712)
Interesting, those are basically brand new aircraft.

Just goes to show that you can have a fault on what is more or less a brand new aircraft. They don't need to be 17 years old to have problems.

Bill S 13th August 2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash W (Post 10768)
Just goes to show that you can have a fault on what is more or less a brand new aircraft. They don't need to be 17 years old to have problems.

That was pretty much my point in the other thread, about the uninformed comments on the 'unreliable' 747-300's.

ChrisG. 13th August 2008 09:00 PM

But does that mean that Boeing is the Hyundai of the sky's as well? :confused:

Because they break down just as much.

Sorry to say Marty, but your case appears to have holes in it. :cool:

Chris