Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Flying and Technical Discussion (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   JQ Seat Selection (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=610)

Chris Tully 13th May 2008 09:55 AM

Expensive? Mate, you should have been flying around 20 years ago! That was expensive!

Lukas M 13th May 2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Tully (Post 4742)
Expensive?

Suprising prices though, say AVV-SYD
Jetsaver $79
JetFlex $229

Bit pricey, just interested if some people take up JetFlex fare. I guess its good for business travellers

Rhys Xanthis 13th May 2008 03:14 PM

We payed $449 one way MEL-PER but had no choice.

QF was $600+ !

Steve Jones 13th May 2008 04:17 PM

Rhys, did you try Tiger? I would be surprised if they charged that much except at short notice on busy days!

Rhys Xanthis 13th May 2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Jones (Post 4785)
Rhys, did you try Tiger? I would be surprised if they charged that much except at short notice on busy days!

Well it was something similar...decided to go with JQ...FF points, plus it was a good flight anyway. And couldnt really justify $400 for a ticket on tiger.

It was the 2nd last day of school holidays in april, so the airlines obviously up the prices (capacity too, but meh).

Peter JB 13th May 2008 09:54 PM

Thanks Brendan for your lengthy but informative response. In the end I have not bothered to try for an exit row, but I did use the check in facility. Funny thing though...When I booked I chose 6A and 6B and when I checked in it had us down as having 4E and 4F! :confused:

Anyway I left it at that...closer to the front! :D

Brendan Lawrence 13th May 2008 11:33 PM

No problem Peter. Well at least the engines sound better forward of the wing. ;)

And Lukas, regarding JetFlex, I would say it ranges from about 4-10 passengers per flight that present at the boarding gate with a JetFlex boarding pass. That's just going from rough memory - I'm tearing those boarding passes so quickly and just have enough time to check the essentials like flight number/destination but I do occasionally catch the "JETFLEX" printed at the top.

Generally though I see more JetFlex pax on our heavy business traveller routes like MEL-HBA, AVV-SYD (for the business folk in the outer west or Geelong) or even MEL-OOL because the usually Qantas-travelling suits have to jump on Jetstar and either have their ticket paid for by their company or need to have a fully flexible ticket. Most times on a Hobart the overwing exit rows look like business class. :p

Peter JB 18th May 2008 12:24 PM

Got back today, great trip to Tassie. Gee those seats are tight man, dunno how the bigger people cope. I didn't bother checking in online on the way back this morning, got to the airport check in and he offered me the exit row straight away!! :D Plenty of room this time. :)