Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Radar Spotting (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Open ADS-B Workshop - CONFIRMED - Sunday 25th November 2012 (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=8474)

Steve McGinley 2nd September 2012 05:17 PM

Am interesting in popping along, but will only know the fortnite before with rosters.

Kurt A 13th September 2012 02:07 AM

Hi all,

To keep you in the loop; With increased interest, the ADS-B Workshop is still going ahead as planned and I'm currently preparing an informal agenda for the day.

Judging by Henning's 'doodle' :eek: :D ..... I think it's fairly safe to say; lock in Sunday 25th November for the Open ADS-B Workshop. Put it in the calendar and keep it free.

I have to check with a couple of interstate visitors as to a suitable start time, but 9am sounds ok for now.

I am currently awaiting some responses regarding potential locations for the day, but if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Some initial locations up for suggestion include a:
- meeting room at Sydney Airport
- meeting room at Stamford Hotel/or other Hotel at Sydney Airport
- meeting room at St George Rowing Club

We would consider a meeting room / hall / or community area as a potential location for the workshop; one that has power, suitability for a screen and data projection, tables and chairs, available parking, in Sydney metro, and one that might be free or relatively cheap for hire if required.

An elevated location could be an advantage for the set up of real-time ADS-B tracking throughout the day which would aid certain presentations.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Cheers.

Clinton Radloff 15th September 2012 09:52 PM

is it going to cost me any to attend?
im portable. i have my laptop and my GNS. and maybe my microADSB. im developing a book of my ADS-B screenshots rather than using my lappie to show my screenshots. i rather use my lappie for LIVE ADS-B. let me know thanks Clinton.

Kurt A 16th September 2012 01:02 AM

Hi Clinton,

Please check your Private Messages.

Cheers.

Clinton Radloff 17th September 2012 01:35 PM

ok i got it. thanks

Kurt A 9th October 2012 02:18 AM

Hi all,

The ADS-B Workshop is confirmed for Sunday 25th November. Time and Location TBA.

For those of you who have presented your interest in attending, please check the email address that you have signed up to this forum with.

I have emailed an update to all interested attendees and look forward to your responses.

Thank you!

Kurt A 15th October 2012 05:50 PM

Hi all,

An attractive 'meeting space' at the Novotel Brighton Le Sands, Sydney has been booked and confirmed. An agenda for the day has also been prepared.

For those of you who have presented your interest in attending so far, please check the email address that you have signed up to this forum with.

I have emailed another update to all interested attendees and look forward to your responses.

If we're to accept any further attendees to this event, (outside of those who I am already in email contact with) it may only be possible if someone pulls out, but please let me know if you are genuinely interested in coming if you haven't already voted above.

Thank you.

Kurt A 13th November 2012 03:36 PM

With less than two weeks until the proposed YSSY ADS-B Workshop at the Novotel Brighton Le Sands, this is just a reminder to all who have inidcated that they're attending that we're still confirmed and going ahead full-steam.

The Sunday 25th November is confirmed, the meeting space is booked and the agenda is set. I'll send out another email to all attendees early next week.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Grahame Hutchison 13th November 2012 07:03 PM

Look forward to meeting everyone Kurt.

Thank you for all your work organising the day.

Brad B 16th November 2012 06:04 AM

id like to come along, will confirm during the week :)