Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sydney to Honolulu (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=6806)

Leon H 13th May 2011 10:53 AM

Steven,

can you confirm that a purchased ODU to StarClass will DEFINITELY entitle you to J FF points and SCs?

I've tried this but was denied the points allocation despite succesfully upgrading to *class.

Andrew M 13th May 2011 12:11 PM

Ah yes that's the other big factor.

Last minute paid upgrades to *Class do NOT entitle you to J FF and SC anymore.

They used to, and I took advantage of this many times..

Book the cheapest sale fare to HNL
Queue to check-in as soon at the check-in opens
Pay $250 and upgrade to *Class

Those days are gone as the really cheap sale fares to HNL never happen anymore along with J* calling customer prior to departure.

My most recent flights *C has been 100% full!!!!!!!

StevenW 13th May 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon H (Post 60111)
Steven,

can you confirm that a purchased ODU to StarClass will DEFINITELY entitle you to J FF points and SCs?

I've tried this but was denied the points allocation despite succesfully upgrading to *class.

Sorry, I set out my previous reply poorly. I can't confirm if an airport purchased upgrade does result in frequent flier points or not - I haven't looked at my statement.

I didn't mean to imply that an upgrade does result in points - but I can see how my reply could be interpreted as such. I'll edit it to remove ambiguity.

Greg McDonald 16th May 2011 09:00 AM

It's still jetstar........

Leon H 16th May 2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew (Post 60170)
Garry - today marks even more reason to choose Star Class on Jetstar. They've re-freshed their in-flight offering with an upgrade to linen, crockery, glassware, cutlery etc to bring the service offering in-line with a business class styled cabin service.

Coupled with iPad's soon to be released as an IFE solution (or EBQ fixed IFE if you're lucky enough to get this aircraft), makes this proposition highly attractive.

I might be wrong here- but does EBQ operate mostly MEL/AKL - SIN legs?

Oliver Gigacz 16th May 2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon H (Post 60187)
I might be wrong here- but does EBQ operate mostly MEL/AKL - SIN legs?

It looks like EBQ has not been in service since the 2nd May.

Jon Harris 17th May 2011 10:38 AM

The cheap StarClass fares such as $499.00 MEL-SIN where you would earn QF FF points and status credits at Business Class levels are a thing of the past with the new fare structures...There are 2 types of Business fare - one is Business and the other Business Max - only the Max fare earns points/status credits.

StevenW 17th May 2011 12:34 PM

The new fare structure is interesting.

I've got a few "Star Class" trips coming up; it'll be interesting to see what happens with regards to points etc.

Jon Harris 17th May 2011 01:40 PM

I think you will be fine Steven - all StarClass bookings made prior to 17MAY will still earn points and status credits.

StevenW 17th May 2011 04:05 PM

Sounds good - thanks for the heads up :)