Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Spotting and Movements (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   A Qantas Special Livery in 2009 (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=2159)

Adam Stone 27th December 2008 11:52 AM

A Qantas Special Livery in 2009

Thanks to Steve for posting this on a model forum.(400scalehangar)
To all those who had an interest in Qantas having an aircraft in retro colors i have some disappointing news in that regard,i sent an email to the Qantas Ceo about 1 month ago and i thought i would not receive a reply but to my suprise i found a reply in my inbox yesterday,it said that the airline unfortunetly will not be doing a retro livery but they have a special livery planned next year that should provide some publicity and interest,no details as to what type of aircraft or theme so we have to wait and see in anticipation.

My guess is VH-OQF (Charles Kingsford-Smith), a nice picture of The Southern Cross.

Dan Hammond 27th December 2008 12:07 PM

Sounds very interesting, I just hope the Wunala or Nalanji colours never make it to an A380. Those colours are made for the 744 in my opinion.

Joseph Saragozza. 27th December 2008 04:33 PM

maybe a oneworld livery.

Grahame Hutchison 27th December 2008 06:17 PM

Why not a composite livery of Qantas, Air New Zealand, British Airways, Malaysian and Singapore Airlines. That way no matter what happens next year merger wise, part of the paint job will be completed.

Brenden S 27th December 2008 09:54 PM

I would say its a A380 and would either be EBU's colours or a one world scheme (wouldn't hold my breath for)

Mark Grima 29th December 2008 03:02 PM

I have often thought that Oneworld should paint some of their aircraft similar to how Star Alliance do. They could do some impressive artwork with their colours. Would be great to see Star update there for that matter.

Would be great to something other then that for QF though. It has to be a A380, any thing else would just be odd. Is 2009 a anniversary of anything, that could offer a clue? Otherwise I would like to see a motif of our landscape, similar to the Island that Air Pacific have on one of their 744s. Something that symbolises the beach to the mountains to the red plains and Uluru under a stary nights sky.....It looks good the way I am imagining it but sounds pretty horrible they way I have typed it!

Brian Wilkes 29th December 2008 04:16 PM

There is a rumor of a 763 in One World Livery early in the new year!

Paul f. 29th December 2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Wilkes (Post 18631)
There is a rumor of a 763 in One World Livery early in the new year!

Yes, a requirement from One World that at least one aircraft must be in One World livery.

Ryan Hothersall 29th December 2008 07:24 PM

Special scheme

I am surprised that there are not that many one world schemes, as there are quite a few star alliance ones (Air NZ, BMI, Singapore and Thai, these are just the ones I have seen).

Brian Wilkes 29th December 2008 07:57 PM

CX is also doing a 744!