Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best onboard welcome (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=4703)

Grant Smith 15th January 2010 04:50 PM

Best onboard welcome

With most of us at one point in time having flown a bevvy of different airlines, we've all had some form of onboard greeting.

So let's share our experiences!

Anthony T 15th January 2010 05:44 PM

Ok here goes.

On Virgin Blue I am always greeted at the the the door with "Welcome back Anthony, you should know your way to your seat by now. :D

"Other" Australian domestic airlines, just look at my boarding pass and say on aisle/middle/window on the left/ right. :rolleyes:

Cheers
Anthony

Krzysztof M 15th January 2010 07:13 PM

I guess the ultimate would be like: 'Hello, the flight deck is to the left" :)

Craig Murray 15th January 2010 08:47 PM

"First on the right, by the window Mr Murray"

Thanks Qantas, Onya Jetstar!

Grahame Hutchison 15th January 2010 09:12 PM

Minutes after boarding a PA announcement, "Would Mr Hutchison please press his Call button", after which I was directed to the flight deck and never returned to my seat. We had a straight in approach to 16R at night, and after all the passengers had left the aircraft in Sydney, I thanked the Tech crew and left the aircraft.

Ash W 15th January 2010 09:52 PM

When I fly Qantas international economy I like it when the cabin service manager comes by to say g'day to all the platinum FF's. Nice touch I reckon for those of us rouging it down the back and can still maintain high FF status.

The best service I ever had was on a flight from LHR to BKK about 18 months ago. Most of the crew where Thai. The service my wife and I received was outstanding. First come meal time the cabin crew brought us wine from the business class cabin, then to top it off later in the flight came and gave us two full bottles of the wine we liked the most to have 'later'. Then come breakfast time they went and got me a cup of 'business' class tea in a propper mug, not the ****e they were serving in Y. Maybe a bit over the top, but little things like these examples cost very little and help to guarantee loyal customers where it counts most.

Grahame Hutchison 15th January 2010 10:32 PM

After having my Business boarding pass scanned and just about to step onto the escalator down to the B747 in Rome, the Cathay ground crew called me back and gave me another boarding pass, First Class Seat 2A.

An exceptional flight, excellent food, wine, service and sleep from Rome to Hong Kong, I checked the fare on the internet when I returned home, $11,000 for 11hrs in the air. Probably won't be doing that one again soon.

Mike W 16th January 2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame Hutchison (Post 40476)
After having my Business boarding pass scanned and just about to step onto the escalator down to the B747 in Rome, the Cathay ground crew called me back and gave me another boarding pass, First Class Seat 2A.

My wife and I had a similar experience at Heathrow with BA after connected through from Dublin (on atrocious Aer Lingus) for our on-going trip through to Singapore.

We were such "newbies" in the nose, we didn't know what the protocol was or what do after we were greeted in the aircraft and shown to our seats. We had to look around to see what the others were doing. (whether to put on the PJ's, etc)

Great surprise though and something we'll always savour as I don't think we'll ever go F again.... there probably won't even be a First Class soon the way things are going now.

Andrew P 16th January 2010 01:00 PM

Have had hug and kiss from the senior female purser at the plane door on CX.

For upgrades, have been upgraded at check-in, at the lounge entrance , waiting near the gate, at the gate, and even once with the wife BKK – HKG, sitting in our seats, someone else turned up with same seat assignment (and we were moved up in class, the girl at the gate had missed our boarding number of the upgrade list)

Also have been offered a different route if prepared to upgrade, was HKG-LHR, either Business on the direct flight or First on the then CX HKG-BAH-LHR route, off course took the detour route

Unfortunately with CX about to introduce Premium Economy seats, upgrades from Y to J will no longer happen.

Banjo

Ps the purser was mate’s wife

Andrew P 17th January 2010 06:37 AM

at YSSY off to HKG & HKT with family on CX110

I have a separate reservation than the wife & kids, I've been upgraded to J, but family left in Y

to calm wife down sent her of shopping, had to forsake going to the lounge as only 1 guest allowed

Banjo