Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Admin and Feedback (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Monthly delivery threads (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=6964)

David Knudsen 12th June 2011 10:26 PM

Monthly delivery threads

Would you prefer a month-long thread for new deliveries / first flights or individual threads for each aircraft?

Bernie P 13th June 2011 07:50 AM

Does it have to be a 'Month Long Thread'? Seriously, how often would there be posts into it? (Unless as previously stated, Virgin (or QANTAS) was to order 200 frames) :D

I mean, we have a wonderful thread for ACARS which is an annual one, and I think that works VERY well... I honestly can not see why this can not be replicated in the same format!?!?

David Knudsen 13th June 2011 08:45 AM

In our experience once a thread passes 2 pages people tend to stop reading through them for information and just start posting questions instead. Monthly should make information easier to find for those who prefer not to use the search function. Keep in mind that it won't just cover Australian deliveries, and would also contain on topic discussion.

But anyone else who'd prefer yearly please reply here in support.

Grant Smith 13th June 2011 04:00 PM

I think monthly strikes the better balance between going weekly - like the rich peoples stuff threads and annually - the acars thread.

Keep in mind Bernie, if and when the 787 gets off the ground and into airlines hands there'll be an influx of deliveries and the 'thread' will be inundated with rego's and whatnot ;)

Bernie P 13th June 2011 05:41 PM

DK - Fair point, and I had not thought of that... I just know that (as I said) the ACARS is an 'Annual' one, and that works, where as its more of a 'jovial' nature. Where as, as you've pointed out, when people ask questions in a thread that goes over the c. 2 pages, that's a fair call... Point taken!

GS - "If and When" hahaha.... HOPEFULLY it should be soonER rather than later.... What is the delay at now, 3 years odd!!! I take YOUR point on as well, especially with the (pending/anticipated) arrival of the 787 (or are they 7LATE7's??)

Bernie P 13th June 2011 08:53 PM

True Chris, but IF it is in a 'known' thread, and for the purpose of demonstration, lets call it 737 deliveries, then if you want to search for a particular QF 737, go to that thread and search (which I think would return a quicker result than searching the entire forum...)

Brian Wilkes 13th June 2011 09:48 PM

Same should done with rego request, maybe, keep them all in one thread!

Raymond Rowe 13th June 2011 10:09 PM

I agree Brian keep them out of the main stream.Nothing more annoying

Bernie P 17th June 2011 06:59 PM

Just wondering, how long is this likely to be an 'open thread' for? I think the result is fairly conclusive...

AND, to keep it to a single thread and not comment about it elsewhere, did we not learn anything by this excercise in that starting a new thread just because a frame has been delivered?? Hmm..... Reiteration, NOT having a go at all.... :rolleyes:

Kieran Wells 17th June 2011 11:11 PM

Where's the "Like" button?? Maybe one for the mods to think about... :eek: