Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   V Australia's next Destination? (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=3019)

Jarden S 22nd April 2009 05:00 PM

V Australia's next Destination?

Where could V Australia fly to next with the 5th 777?

Would their variant of the 777 have the range to do Perth-London non stop or would it be weight restricted either direction? Hope they don't defer delivery of them. Plenty of oportunities to use them where Qantas have not the right Aircraft type for a particular market segment. Are the plans to fly to JNB on hold for a wait and see how the economic situation may change?

Tim Bowrey 22nd April 2009 05:18 PM

Whens the next one due? What will rego be? with VPD and E will it be VPF?

Michael Morrison 22nd April 2009 06:07 PM

I think 5/6/7 have all been delayted until 2010 so any new destiantions are a while off.

they have rights to fly to JNB but they expire in October. I presume as the ETOPS limits have not been increased for the 77W to ops SYD-JNB they made the decision to laucnh MEL-LAX with #4 instead.

When 2010 does come around I would say HKG or NRT would be markets they could look at. Esp as they can hook up with Virgin Atlantic also in those ports.

matthew mcdonald 22nd April 2009 06:51 PM

Tim, I believe that all the rest of the V Australia fleet will be delivered under the VH-VP's category. (VH-VPF, g, h, i) etc.

Edward Terry 22nd April 2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Morrison (Post 26733)
they have rights to fly to JNB but they expire in October.

Does anyone know how much 'rights' cost?

David C 23rd April 2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarden S (Post 26726)
Where could V Australia fly to next with the 5th 777?

Would their variant of the 777 have the range to do Perth-London non stop or would it be weight restricted either direction?

Here are the range specs per B777 variants ... As you can see PER- London ( LGW, LHR , STN ) are within range for some models ..Just click on Tech specs , range , then London .
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/777...technical.html

Dave C

Jarden S 23rd April 2009 11:27 AM

Please refrain from quoting the whole previous post in your post, it is not necessary, thank you - mod

Thanks Dave, so it can probably do it. Would there be a market for a 1st
non stop UK-Australia flight ex Perth. Heaps of english live in WA. I wonder if DJ has thoght of it?

lloyd fox 23rd April 2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Morrison (Post 26733)
I think 5/6/7 have all been delayted until 2010 so any new destiantions are a while off.

they have rights to fly to JNB but they expire in October. I presume as the ETOPS limits have not been increased for the 77W to ops SYD-JNB they made the decision to laucnh MEL-LAX with #4 instead.

When 2010 does come around I would say HKG or NRT would be markets they could look at. Esp as they can hook up with Virgin Atlantic also in those ports.

Aircraft 4 will do MEL-LAX 3/WK and give BNE its 4 th flight to LAX.

Aircraft 5 is mooted for SYD-JNB

Yes NRT,HKG and dont forget SHA for possible later aircraft routings, also HKG could be operated out of MEL or BNE so not to double up on Virgin Atlantic SYD-HKG.

Cheers Lloyd

Sarah C 23rd April 2009 03:00 PM

Aircraft 5 and 6 will be deferred:

"Virgin Blue's long-haul international offshoot, V Australia, has just announced the deferral of its 5th and 6th Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.The two aircraft were scheduled for delivery into VA's fleet next year, but their delivery has now been pushed back until 2011 and 2012.Virgin Blue says there has been no change to the planned delivery of VA's 4th B777 jet (in Q3 2009), or the 7th aircraft, which is due in the second half of 2010."

Jason Carruthers 23rd April 2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarden S (Post 26764)
Would there be a market for a 1st
non stop UK-Australia flight ex Perth. Heaps of english live in WA. I wonder if DJ has thoght of it?

That may be so but the only 777 able to fly it nonstop year round with a full payload is the 777-200LR which I can't see VA acquiring 2-3 different aircraft for a single route. Their 77W's might be able to do the Eastbound leg nonstop most of the time but going Westbound It would almost certainly need a techstop on the way.

Besides didn't VS mention they wanted to do LON-PER with the 787-9 whether it becomes viable or not I guess we'll see what happens in the next few years.

Jason

P.S. has anyone else noticed in the Boeing 777 range circles BKK and SIN are the wrong way round?