Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Flying and Technical Discussion (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ferry Flight crewing (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=1863)

Andrew P 7th November 2008 12:02 PM

Ferry Flight crewing

On my return flight MNL-SYD last Tuesday were 2 JQ flight crew, (as passengers) who had just delivered a JQ A330 to MNL for servicing

A question, on such a ferry flight, are the required any additional crew on the plane, e.g. to arm/disarm the doors, or does one of the pilots have to do this task?

Banjo

Adam G 7th November 2008 06:00 PM

There's no requirement for cabin crew on ferry flights - the pilots do the doors etc.

Chris Roope 7th November 2008 10:21 PM

Except of course if the pilots are due to have a meal on the flight, in which case one cabin crew member is carried to operate the oven. The 767 freighter service AKL-CHC-SYD is an example of this.

Radi K 7th November 2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Roope (Post 15823)
Except of course if the pilots are due to have a meal on the flight, in which case one cabin crew member is carried to operate the oven. The 767 freighter service AKL-CHC-SYD is an example of this.

Really :confused:

Must a QF thing, might be in the EBA or something .. haha :cool:...other operators in the region train their pilots to cook their own food and also present it nice and neatly in a cardboard box... :D

must be a LCC thing too because they get the pilots to clean too...

Couldn’t resist...sorry bro..

On a serious note, does that mean all QF 737 delivery flights ex BFI take a CC member as well?

Bernie P 8th November 2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Roope (Post 15823)

What 767 is used for this freighter service??

Kelvin R 8th November 2008 10:24 AM

Does the crew member get to ride jump seat or do they have to sit on their own by the door? Must be weird having an empty PAX load for the flight. I would be tempted to settle in with a DVD player in row 1 of J and pretend to be not at work. In the US I noticed that the crew wear civvies when doing freight runs, is this the same or is the cc in uniform?

Nigel C 8th November 2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie P (Post 15835)
What 767 is used for this freighter service??

Qantas 7623/4 is the callsign, and it's just a passenger 767 loaded with freight only.

Raymond Rowe 8th November 2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvin R (Post 15837)
Does the crew member get to ride jump seat or do they have to sit on their own by the door? Must be weird having an empty PAX load for the flight. I would be tempted to settle in with a DVD player in row 1 of J and pretend to be not at work. In the US I noticed that the crew wear civvies when doing freight runs, is this the same or is the cc in uniform?

They would ride the jump seat unless they wanted to get some sleep.Then you would head for the biggest seat available.On ferry flights from the USA the engineers usually play the trolley dolly.

Marty H 8th November 2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond Rowe (Post 15876)
They would ride the jump seat unless they wanted to get some sleep.Then you would head for the biggest seat available.On ferry flights from the USA the engineers usually play the trolley dolly.

Did you ever get a shot Ray?? I think you would look alright in a dress with a bit of lippy on:D

Grahame Hutchison 8th November 2008 07:02 PM

Ferry flights to anywhere, easy work.

No passengers to deal with, what a breeze,

Ray in a dress with a bit of lippy on, priceless.