Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Virgin Blue On-Line Check In (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=1943)

Rhys Xanthis 18th November 2008 10:17 AM

Virgin Blue On-Line Check In

Having just checked in for our day trip to Karratha tomorrow, i have a question.

Why does VB only allow you to see from row 10 and back? I couldnt find anywhere to go further forward on the plane. I managed to get exit row 10, but i would've preferred up at Row 4.

Any particular reason for this?

Thanks

Rhys

PS any tips for a trip report? going to try and do my first tomorrow!

Bernie P 18th November 2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis (Post 16489)
Having just checked in for our day trip to Karratha tomorrow, i have a question.

Why does VB only allow you to see from row 10 and back? I couldnt find anywhere to go further forward on the plane. I managed to get exit row 10, but i would've preferred up at Row 4.

Thanks

Rhys

LOTS of pics!!!!!

Have a great trip!

Rhys Xanthis 18th November 2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie P (Post 16493)
LOTS of pics!!!!!

Have a great trip!

hehe:p

we'll see how long 1 battery (and my only lens, 18-55) lasts me!

Bernie P 18th November 2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis (Post 16494)
hehe, thanks!

we'll see how long 1 battery lasts me!

And don't forget the obligatory toilet mirror shot, or similar... It amuses me why people take a shot of the SMALLEST spot in the plane!!! CRAZY! :confused: :p :confused:

Justin L 18th November 2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis (Post 16489)

Thanks

Rhys

I would say that seats further up are blocked and reserved for passengers with higher Velocity status to have the opportunity to check-in on line for. You could ask at the airport if you can have a seat change as some of those seats may not have been allocated by then (I have done that before).

Seth Jaworski 18th November 2008 10:55 AM

I checked in as sequence 3 and 4 the other week and was only given a choice of about 10 seats scattered from rows 16-24. I was surprised with the lack of selection, but assumed it was because I was traveling with an infant (it appears that DJ tend to shove all the babies up the back). The only other time I have managed to successfully use the web check-in I scored 2E & F

Steve Jones 18th November 2008 11:21 AM

I don't think its velocity status, as I am velocity Gold and when I check in online, I am often still right up the back. That's somewhere Virgin could improve on - Qantas are very good about looking after their high level FFs. With Virgin, aside from lounge access and free baggage (which is great, don't get me wrong), you're treated the same as the one-time flyer on the $40 airfare.

Zac M 18th November 2008 11:37 AM

does this posibely have something to do with premium economy?

Rhys Xanthis 18th November 2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zac M (Post 16502)
does this posibely have something to do with premium economy?

Only the first 3 rows in the erj-190 are premium y, so that might explain rows 1-3, but not 4-9.

going to try and find a moderately cheap camera store near home to buy an extra battery lol, 1 probably isnt gonna be enough (i could use another)

Lukas M 18th November 2008 11:59 AM

Unlike the E170, are the windows aligned with the seats in the E190??. I found it really hard to take photos from the E170..