Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QF One World colours coming... (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=2595)

Andrew McLaughlin 27th February 2009 10:26 AM

QF One World colours coming...

QANTAS MARKS TENTH ANNIVERSARY OF oneworld ALLIANCE
SYDNEY, 27 February 2009: Qantas announced today that two of its aircraft would carry special
oneworld livery to mark the alliance’s tenth anniversary this year.
The Chief Executive of Qantas, Mr Alan Joyce, said that as a founding member of oneworld, Qantas
was strongly committed to the alliance and the benefits it delivered to customers.
“Qantas and its customers have benefited greatly from our oneworld membership over the last 10
years,” Mr Joyce said.
“We are able to offer a genuinely global range of products and services that would not be possible
without the alliance, including round the world fares and reciprocal lounge and loyalty program
access.
“To mark this important milestone in the alliance’s history, a Qantas Boeing 747-400 and an Airbus
A330-200 will be flying with oneworld livery. The Boeing 747-400 will operate its first service with the
new livery on Saturday 28 February as QF73 from Sydney to San Francisco. The A330-200 will be in
operation by the end of March.”

In addition to the new aircraft livery, Qantas will participate in a number of oneworld anniversary
activities throughout the year, including airport and Frequent Flyer promotions.
The airline is also participating in oneworld’s 10 per cent off for 10 weeks sale which offers a 10 per
cent discount on all oneworld Explorer round-the-world bookings made until 12 April 2009.
Customers can save up to $470 on the six continent oneworld Explorer round-the-world fare in
Economy Class, $1,379 in Business Class and $1,779 in First Class.

matthew mcdonald 27th February 2009 10:52 AM

VH-OEB is in one of the hangars at Sydney with full One World titles painted on the side of it.

Bernie P 27th February 2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew McLaughlin (Post 22985)
QANTAS MARKS TENTH ANNIVERSARY OF oneworld ALLIANCE
SYDNEY, 27 February 2009: Qantas announced today that two of its aircraft would carry special
oneworld livery to mark the alliance’s tenth anniversary this year.
The Chief Executive of Qantas, Mr Alan Joyce, said that as a founding member of oneworld, Qantas
was strongly committed to the alliance and the benefits it delivered to customers.
“Qantas and its customers have benefited greatly from our oneworld membership over the last 10
years,” Mr Joyce said.
“We are able to offer a genuinely global range of products and services that would not be possible
without the alliance, including round the world fares and reciprocal lounge and loyalty program
access.
“To mark this important milestone in the alliance’s history, a Qantas Boeing 747-400 and an Airbus
A330-200 will be flying with oneworld livery. The Boeing 747-400 will operate its first service with the
new livery on Saturday 28 February as QF73 from Sydney to San Francisco. The A330-200 will be in
operation by the end of March.”

In addition to the new aircraft livery, Qantas will participate in a number of oneworld anniversary
activities throughout the year, including airport and Frequent Flyer promotions.
The airline is also participating in oneworld’s 10 per cent off for 10 weeks sale which offers a 10 per
cent discount on all oneworld Explorer round-the-world bookings made until 12 April 2009.
Customers can save up to $470 on the six continent oneworld Explorer round-the-world fare in
Economy Class, $1,379 in Business Class and $1,779 in First Class.

So, do we know the rego's of these yet???

Ok, Matt beat me by miliseconds.... Sorry!

Dan Collins 27th February 2009 11:09 AM

Very interesting, can't wait to see them. Too bad I can't get down to the airport tomorrow to see QF73 but I'm sure someone will be able to?

My guess is that the 744 must already be in the oneworld colours or soon to be revealed? Anyone know which aircraft (I read it might be OEB?) and where it had the titles applied?

hahaha, ok, Matt beat me to it as well... thanks for the response!

Does anyone know why OEB was picked? I know its the only B744 in the new livery, but surely there'd have been other B744's up for a repaint where they could have applied the full new livery and oneworld titles as well? Or not.

Dan

Oliver Gigacz 27th February 2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew mcdonald (Post 22986)
VH-OEB is in one of the hangars at Sydney with full One World titles painted on the side of it.

Do you have a pic?

matthew mcdonald 27th February 2009 08:17 PM

Nah. I just got the information from Tim Bowrey after he finished work in T3. He had a picture which is now in the JP photo Queue but it was pretty much a front on view showing just a little bit of the side, because the hangar was apparently half shut.

Tim Bowrey 27th February 2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew mcdonald (Post 23025)
Nah. I just got the information from Tim Bowrey after he finished work in T3. .

Dam right!:)

The doors are still shut and you cannot get a sideon view at all. Its sitting in Hanger 271 with doors 3/4 closed. A rego isnt readable but you can see Phillip Island on the nose so its OEB. I asked a staff member today and its getting rolled about tomorrow at about 2pm although Im not sure how much she knew. A332 is EBL?

As far as the scheme goes, it has OneWorld in big type the same as BA and Qantas writen below the windows.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...f/IMG_9371.jpg

It was done yesterday(26th) morning.

Krzysztof M 28th February 2009 04:09 PM

I just saw the 744 rotate right in front me at Qantas domestic while waiting for my flight. The One World logo and titles look very good actually, much better than on the photos. Don't look as huge and misplaced at all as they do on the pics of BA744. Instead of the camera I was holding a whopper though...

Sarah C 28th February 2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krzysztof M (Post 23094)
Instead of the camera I was holding a whopper though...

:eek: What a missed opportunity! A whopper isn't that good is it? If you were at the In-n-out at LAX I could understand! ;)

Marty H 28th February 2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krzysztof M (Post 23094)
I just saw the 744 rotate right in front me at Qantas domestic while waiting for my flight. The One World logo and titles look very good actually, much better than on the photos. Don't look as huge and misplaced at all as they do on the pics of BA744. Instead of the camera I was holding a whopper though...

Jeezus put it away man:p