Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Virgin Fleet plans (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=10927)

Greg Hyde 11th May 2017 04:12 PM

Wet lease as per ASX doco.

Alliance has 6xF100 & 1xF70 stored (last time I looked) in Europe.

It will be interesting to see how many come south to cover the new services.

NathanJ 11th May 2017 04:33 PM

Boom! I wonder how long before Virgin Australia proposes an investment & or take over of Alliance airlines.

lloyd fox 11th May 2017 04:34 PM

Greg it actually states 3 in the article above.There is plenty of slack in the BNE based F70's and F100's as i usually see a few hanging around.

So we know that the 3 F70's will have to do 7 BDB rtn flights a week,MOV 13 return flights a week,17 GLT rtn flights a week plus BNE-ROK not yet known how many and 7 BNE-PQQ rtn weekly.Currently there are 24 ATR weekly returns to ROK as well as the jets.

Last week QQ did 11 rtn flights to Cloncurry,THE ISA and MKY for VA according to ADSB.Also 12 rtn weekly flights to EMD as well.

Charters also last week were 9 rtn flights on FIFO as well.

Greg Hyde 11th May 2017 04:53 PM

thanks, Lloyd.

How many still have the Austrian livery ?

Max C 11th May 2017 05:03 PM

Read the ASX statement again Greg.

Alliance will operate to MOV/BDB/GLT/PQQ in their own right with VA codesharing.

The wet lease applies to the continuation of ISA/CNJ and now ROK flights. Just as they currently do to EMD, MKY.

Greg Hyde 11th May 2017 05:05 PM

Thks, Max,

My error, Jetgo doesn't get a look in

Max C 11th May 2017 05:08 PM

Jetgo wouldn't have the resources to expand that rapidly by July.

Alliance have already recruited crew for this.

lloyd fox 11th May 2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Hyde (Post 103448)
thanks, Lloyd.

How many still have the Austrian livery ?

There is 2 only over near the hangars and one is a F100.The other one is a F70 being used for parts.

MarkR 12th May 2017 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NathanJ (Post 103445)
Boom! I wonder how long before Virgin Australia proposes an investment & or take over of Alliance airlines.

Kind of already down that track with the FIFO proposal, which is struggling to get past the ACCC.

Boggles the mind that upscaling a route with bigger, faster thirstier aircraft makes economic sense, VARA are clearly politicians, short term thinkers.

Rowan McKeever 12th May 2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkR (Post 103456)
Boggles the mind that upscaling a route with bigger, faster thirstier aircraft makes economic sense, VARA are clearly politicians, short term thinkers.

Had to laugh at one of the CQ media outlets, I think it was from Bundy, making a huge deal about the "new jets" coming to Bundy!!