Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Admin and Feedback (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rego Requests (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=7064)

David Knudsen 30th June 2011 03:33 PM

Rego Requests

It's about that time of year again where we need to question the existence of requests for registrations of upcoming flights. Please vote in the poll and/or discuss in this thread.

I think this should only apply for requests on upcoming flights, requests for flights that have already been operated (and therefore not requiring access to airline systems and more likely to get a response) should be exempt from the outcome of this poll (open for discussion).

Raymond Rowe 30th June 2011 08:42 PM

They should be banned.Only use band width and aircraft change anyway.People should wait till they arrive at the airport and then they will find out.

Grant Smith 30th June 2011 10:12 PM

Ban them or tie them all into a nice little sticky thread where all the little rego chasers can post to their hearts content and those of us who aren't into that kind of thing can simply use the "ignore" feature and be done with it..

Craig Murray 30th June 2011 10:45 PM

I saw the title of this thread and thought this would be the perfect place to ask, does anyone know the rego of the aircraft operating QF501 to Sydney tomorrow morning?

Oh, wrong thread? Sorry!

Humour aside, the number of rego requests is so small does it really matter where they are posted? That said, the logic behind a dedicated rego requests forum is a very astute idea and should be applauded. It removes them from the mainstream "Spotting and Movements" forum.

So anyway, back to the QF501 tomorrow..... anyone? :D

Adam P. 30th June 2011 11:40 PM

There's very little point to asking for a registration before you're on the aeroplane. Aircraft get swapped around so often, right up to (and sometimes even after) doors-closed. What was scheduled to operate a service a week or a few days or even a few hours out can often bear very little resemblance to what actually ends up doing the flight. Aeroplanes break down, come in late or get stuck somewhere inconvenient through weather or volcanic ash. Swaps get made to try and rescue the schedule, and keep being made as situations develop further.

So while in and of themselves, rego requests cause very little harm, they are for any practical purpose completely useless.

Justin L 1st July 2011 01:38 AM

In my opinion a rego request relates to a movement, therefore I see no issues leaving it the current Spotting and Movements Forum. Although perhaps a monthly sticky to consolidate would be a good idea.

Zac M 1st July 2011 09:28 PM

I agree that a monthly sticky for all would be the best way, just like the deliveries.

Paul f. 1st July 2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Murray (Post 62306)
the number of rego requests is so small does it really matter where they are posted?

There is already 4 separate requests on the current 1st page.

Craig Murray 1st July 2011 11:10 PM

I count three on the first page, with one of them being posted today (after my original post). Symantics really.

Lets look at the month of June:

Request 1
Request 2
Request 3
Request 4
Request 5
Request 6
Request 7
Request 8

The above ONLY includes requests for flights that have not yet been operated. Requests for information from years gone by or general requests for rego information (as I consider acceptable in the "Spotting and Movements" forum in the boards current form) have been excluded.

On the whole, 8 posts (out of how many total posts?) in the month of June is really quite minimal.

A separate forum, for all rego requests, really is a smart solution that will surely please everyone.

Grant Smith 2nd July 2011 12:25 AM

Speaking of symantics...

What's the difference between creating a seperate 'sub forum' and a monthly 'sticky' thread?

One looks prettier than the other? Didn't realise we're participating in a beauty pagent..

:confused: