Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Air New Zealand Suspends Hamilton Tasman Route in '09 (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=1653)

Stefan Perkas 8th October 2008 08:23 AM

Air New Zealand Suspends Hamilton Tasman Route in '09

Quote:

In the Northern Summer season of 2009, Air New Zealand is suspending service on the Hamilton - Gold Coast and Hamilton - Sydney route. The Northern Summer schedule spans from 29MAR09 to 24OCT09.
Source: Airline Route Update

Michael Morrison 8th October 2008 09:39 AM

I wonder if they will use that spare A320 capacity to repalce some AKL-SYD 767 flights to better maych the capacity needs.

This would then free up some 767s' to take over 777 flying, which could inturn free up some 747's to be parked or retired.

Neil R. 8th October 2008 02:34 PM

Has anyone heard how the 767 / A320 AVOD refit is going?

David Ramsay 8th October 2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Has anyone heard how the 767 / A320 AVOD refit is going?
I believe NCG, NCI, and OJN are done.

Rod Sloan 8th October 2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan Perkas (Post 14047)
Source: Airline Route Update

Just great.

Air New Zealand shuts Freedom down and then leaves the port themselves.
Hopefully Tiger or Virgin will pounce on this.

or :) Perhaps Ewan will bring back Kiwi.

Justin L 9th October 2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Sloan (Post 14099)
Just great.

Air New Zealand shuts Freedom down and then leaves the port themselves.
Hopefully Tiger or Virgin will pounce on this.

or :) Perhaps Ewan will bring back Kiwi.

That's what I thought. I wonder if Dunedin-Trans Tasman services will be the next to go?

Stefan Perkas 31st January 2009 07:04 PM

Air New Zealand has announced it'll cancel Hamilton - Brisbane service, the sole Trans-Tasman route after the airline's announcement to cut Hamilton - Sydney and Hamilton - Gold Coast route.

The cancellation goes into effect from late March.

Mike W 31st January 2009 07:33 PM

It's not like it's a million miles from Hamilton to Auckland. Especially with AKL being on the south side of town and connected by motorway to the major Southern Motorway to Hamilton. It's probably quicker to travel from Hamilton to AKL than from some parts of Auckland depending on time of day.

Marty H 31st January 2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike W (Post 20919)
It's not like it's a million miles from Hamilton to Auckland. Especially with AKL being on the south side of town and connected by motorway to the major Southern Motorway to Hamilton. It's probably quicker to travel from Hamilton to AKL than from some parts of Auckland depending on time of day.

No its not the motorway is great down to Hamilton did the drive several times last year when I was over there for the Hamilton 400.

Grant Smith 1st February 2009 01:27 AM

It's like driving between Sydney and Wollongong...