Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Flying and Technical Discussion (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Alt contact for Airside Tours (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=4709)

Adrian B 16th January 2010 05:19 PM

Alt contact for Airside Tours

Hi All,

Does anyone have an alternative number for the tours?

I am in Sydney at the Mecure atm and wanted to do a tour but have not had any return calls for the last few days. I have tried the office number several times to no avail.

Geoff W 16th January 2010 06:15 PM

I too am intersted.

I have endeavoured several times to contact them.

To no avail........... via phone or email.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Nigel C 16th January 2010 07:40 PM

OK, I've just popped into their offices not more than 15 minutes ago a nd they are definately open. In fact the bus is currently airside doing their Twilight Tour, and for only $68 you too can do this tour which includes champagne, prawns and an array of finger food. Tea, coffee and cake are served after the tour.

Their phone number is:
8338 8414

If they don't answer it straight away, then please leave a message and they WILL CALL YOU BACK.

Geoff W 16th January 2010 08:14 PM

Nigel,

Well done and thank you for this, I will call on Monday.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Adrian B 16th January 2010 08:34 PM

Thanks Nige,

I have actually left 3 messages and had no reply, do u know if theya re doing a tour tomorrow?

If only they had called me back I would have done the twilight tour.............

Geoff W 16th January 2010 09:12 PM

I have also re-checked, this the number I have been calling and leaving messages. I have also sent several pleasant emails, with NO response.

I thought the website said the twilights, are on alternate Friday's.

Probably wrong again.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Nigel C 16th January 2010 10:04 PM

They did say they were closed over the Christmas break but that they were now back in full swing with the tours, so I presume they'll be running tours over the weekend (although the brochure they gave me says Sundays every second weekend...school holidays might dictate otherwise?).

The brochure also says they do the twilight tours every second Friday, but according to Eyeball MkII and Ear Lobe MkIV they were definately doing one tonight.

The best I can suggest is that you try calling them in the morning and see how you go. I'll be sleeping tomorrow, so I won't be able to give any updates on their movements during the day.

Daniel F 16th January 2010 11:02 PM

I was on the twilight tour tonight... so it was definitely on tonight. They are now reopen again after the Christmas break.

The tour tonight was great! It was the first time I've done the twilight tour and definitely well worth it.

Adrian B 17th January 2010 11:25 AM

Hi Daniel,

Any idea if they are running tonight?

Still no answer to my call.........

Daniel F 17th January 2010 11:55 AM

I don't think the twilight tour is running tonight. They were saying last night that it runs about once a month now and on Saturdays instead of Fridays.