Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   more QF delays... (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=901)

Montague S 15th June 2008 12:19 PM

more QF delays...

delays are becoming more significant in recent days..just a small snapshot of what's happened around Australia (PER-SYD & MEL) since Friday just gone. I haven't included the knock-on effect to the return flights and the onward flights such as QF31, 1 & 5.

Quote:

QF73 San Francisco 13:55 18:06 Departed
QF5 Singapore 15:55 21:29 Departed
QF31 Singapore 16:55 21:59 Departed
QF1 Bangkok 17:00 21:15 Departed
QF101 Shanghai 09:35 13:29 Departed
QF77 Singapore 12:00 (Fri) 06:26 (Sat) Departed
QF71 Singapore 15:30 18:36 Departed
QF63 Johannesburg 09:50 11:25 Departed
QF73 San Francisco 13:55 15:45 Departed
QF31 Singapore 16:55 20:03 Departed
QF1 Bangkok 17:00 21:12 Departed
QF63 Johannesburg 10:00 14:30 Estimated
QF1 Bangkok 17:00 21:30 Estimated

Nils Kenny 16th June 2008 01:13 PM

Update on QF-001 15 Jun 2008

It looks like it Departed Sydney at 09.00 on 16 Jun 2008. When will the Great Mr Geoff DIXON sit down with the Engineers and eat Pie......The Actions they are doing is going to Kill of the Airline and Cost them Millions & Millions of Dollars...........It's ok I guess because it's not coming out of this Pocket and it's the Shareholders that lose out in the end........STAND UP SHAREHOLDERS................
Question which BIG WIG from QANTAS has flown SUITES on Singapore Airlines and has done a few flights on them.............

Kelvin R 16th June 2008 04:54 PM

Checking the annual report Dixon is a shareholder, along with the unions. If by bigwig you mean Dixon, then yes he has also been seen flying EK First and I have seen him flying QF First as well. So what? :)

While I am not taking sides, I think the engineers have far more to loose than Dixon, QF, or QF shareholders if agreement can't be reached. The reality of the situation is the QF management team are in a position to ride this out and the risk to the engineers of no agreement would be that QF outsource the entire business, using a contract engineering operation for work that needs to be carried out within Australia and offshoring everything else.

If I was an engineer I would be looking at how I could deliver increased productivity to drive shareholder value for long term wealth creation in return for extra compensation (whether that be cash, super or stock) rather than this public flogging of how bad Dixon is. Considering that the majority of QF travellers are business people the current approach probably isn't having the impact hoped for.

Brenden S 17th June 2008 08:58 PM

I would like to see how they can outsource the whole engineering side with their paperwork and what they require for a LAME. I do know that the engineers sat down with mr dixon and he came back and basically said no to what they wanted which was pretty reasonable. There is on average 1900 hold items ( defects) across the fleet!

Philip Argy 17th June 2008 09:23 PM

Little delays too

QF 872 CBR -> SYD this morning saw VH-VYL leave the chocks at 0730, experience a very flat spot on the left outboard tyre during taxi, but continue to uneventful wheels up at 0738 and then spent some 18 minutes of flying time circling aimlessly before descent due to 'traffic' in Sydney. With a flying time of only 25 minutes, why bother taking off if the landing slot isn't clear? Surely the cost of fuel etc makes it crazy to circle for so long, and the passengers would have prefered more breakfast time in the FF lounge anyway! :(

D Chan 17th June 2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nils Kenny (Post 7148)
Question which BIG WIG from QANTAS has flown SUITES on Singapore Airlines and has done a few flights on them.............

How do you know that no-one has? :rolleyes:

Although I hope this hasn't been done too many times at SQ's front end. Will be a bit hard to justify spending the company's money on a competitor's F or J (paying full fares)? And indeed if they don't use their personal expense why do they get the privilege when others miss out on getting spoiled?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nils Kenny (Post 7148)
The Actions they are doing is going to Kill of the Airline and Cost them Millions & Millions of Dollars

either way this will cost Qantas - 1) if engineers strike again with more delays / disruptions, 2) if they yield to the unions and engineers get a pay rise and 3) if the engineers are offered more, other unions / sections of the company will want to get a similar deal.

James K 17th June 2008 10:44 PM

Dixon was probably on a FOC tkt on SQ anyway. Big deal all the airline CEOs get it. Even Branson doesn't knock back the FOC F seat on QF to LAX when he needs to get there :rolleyes:

Nils Kenny 18th June 2008 11:46 AM

Eel it's not Dixon.....but close bye...

Well it's not Dixon who has flown SQ Suites, but someone very close bye just change one letter in his title and you get the Person so not the CEO but the C_O, and yes he has flown so much on PAID Tickets not freebe's that he has joined the FF's of Singapore Airlines.
The sooner Singapore Airlines are Allowed to fly across the Pacific the Better, look at the Fare in R class for QANTAS to Los Angeles AUD 22,804 plus Tax's and it's only AUD 18,450 plus Tax's to fly R class to LONDON on SINGAPORE Airlines. I know which one I would want to fly and it's no to Los Angeles on QANTAS.

Kieran Wells 18th June 2008 11:55 AM

QF2 has returned to LHR this morning...Gone Mech.. Of Course, no other QF's in London, so Pax get an overnight stay.. According to reports the engines were screaming...

Raymond Rowe 18th June 2008 02:51 PM

My last 3 flights with QF have been delayed.My flight to Adelaide on thursday night was really delayed.The excuses used could not be matched between ground staff blaming engineers. aircrew blamed the weather shame if they could get their stories straight