Thread: QANTAS Again
View Single Post
Old 7th September 2008, 10:24 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam P. View Post
[-snip-]

Unfortunately, attempts to educate the great unwashed about this simple truth are difficult to make - people just don't want to believe that an aeroplane can and does break down.
Normally I agree with you, Adam, but my sample size of one has experienced more niggling issues with QF in the last 12 months than I've experienced in more than 30 years of frequent flying. That's what now converts each incident from being the unremarkable norm to the sign of something having changed either in terms of checking processes or care or employee engagement or whatever is going on.

I came back tonight from PER on VH-OGD - the a/c was fine but the On-Q video shown was from the beginning of August anticipating the Olympics and the Hyundai football competition and other August events. That's just organisational failure which in my humble opinion points to a slackness that ought not be occuring in a disciplined organisation where safety depends upon discipline and procedures being properly followed. If this were a one-off it would not rate a mention - it's someone's oversight. But it's the aggregation over too short a period of too many such incidents that simply leads me to form an opinion that all is not right.

For every flight I catch I catch two cabs or hire cars (one at each end). It used to be the case that incidents with cabs turning up late or not at all, or being unroadworthy, or drivers who were navigationally challenged were more likely to occur than an incident with the flight. That has now reversed and it's not a figment of my imagination. Unscientific it may be, but it creates a bad impression that as both a QF shareholder and platinum FF I am disappointed to get.