View Single Post
Old 30th September 2008, 09:19 PM

Excellent summation Will, many thanks for better clarifying and articulating my original point.

Lukas, for the record no I don’t work for Tiger but do, like Will, have very much exposure to the industry in our region.

Can I reverse the question: Lukas, do you work for Tiger? No you don’t.

To then make flippant remarks like : “From what I have heard” I don’t see how you can validate your comments versus mine?

Like Will, based on their leisure driven business case I can’t fathom them making a profit in the current environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas M View Post
For example, came back last week from Canberra, going out was 155 pax and coming back about 175 pax.
Lukas, one thing you will learn, if you ever gain some formal business and/or commercial qualifications in aviation or you are lucky enough to work in the industry one day, is that load factor doesn’t equate to yield, revenue and ultimately profits. As an example, last week was school holidays, of course loads were quite high but these are low yield leisure passengers. Don’t judge a book by its cover.

Finally, of all the Australian airlines to struggle and to stay viable with the threat of a worldwide downturn and recession it would be Tiger due to its leisure based business plan.