Thread: Cockpit Access
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2008, 06:57 PM

Gareth, as the others have said, I'd suggest you send a polite note to the pilots - via the cabin crew - during the flight, explaining your interest in flying, and asking if it would be possible to see the flight deck after engine shutdown. I can't speak for other carriers, but you'd always be welcomed onto a Qantas flight deck (unless the crew were in a hurry to get to another aeroplane, which might be the case on some domestic sectors).

Such requests seem to be very rare these days - I get asked maybe twice a year, and it's usually by the parents of young children (which is great, because some of my best memories of flight deck 'wonderment' were at that age!). If a hardcore enthusiast were to ask, and we weren't in a rush to get off the aeroplane, I'd have no problem running them right through the flight deck in detail, and photos are no problem at all. If I know someone's coming up, we'll usually leave the IRSs aligned so that the screens (PFD and ND) show all their normal information.

Best of luck with it!