here is the trip report.

Flight: DJ471 YSSY- YBMC

Date: 06/11/2008

Departure: 855 scheduled, departed just after 9

Arrival: just after 930 am local time

Aircraft: 737-800 VH-VOM

Seat: 5F

Gate:34

Woke up around 7am, for the 730 taxi to take us to T2. All was going well, taxi turned up on time- infact 5 minutes early (surprise surprise). Bags quickly loaded and off we were for the 20 minute drive to T2 from my house or so I thought. Taxis battery was flat as he could not start the motor and the taxi being half in the middle of road and half in driveway my car was too far away to jumpstart it. Luckily as we waited and tried to call another taxi a good Samaritan passed by, pulling up right next to the taxi and jumpstarting it- Thanks Ann.

So 25 minute delay but we were finally on our way to T2 as heavy traffic piled up on General Holmes drive. Luckily, we beat the worst of it making it to the terminal at around 820 and as we arrived and printed off our tickets at the bag drop area a flight closing call for our flight was over the PA. Rushed over to the flight closing counter to see a woman crying and screaming (simultaneously- pretty amazing!) who couldn’t get on her Port Macquarie Embraer flight who had arrived late for check in. Virgin staff remained cool but couldn’t help but look around for camera crews as this would have been a perfect scene for the filming of an airline/airport episode.

Down past security and into the terminal and practically 5-10 mins later our flight was boarding. Flight was pretty full although no premium economy seats occupied, what I still don’t understand about Virgin is how they can charge for food/drinks in Premium economy. Anyways with that beyond me, I started to snap some pictures and must commend the crew who were very accommodating and never asked me to turn off my camera!

After pushback, gave way to the arriving virgin 737 VH-VOD and then taxied past runway 25/07, down C, L and then T taxiways to the T6 holding point 34R. Jetstar a330, thai 772 and the Korean Samsung business jet all visible on our taxi as well as the Aeropelican Jetstream which had just arrived from Williamtown.
At end of runway 25/ beginning runway 07 works in progress for the safety zone can be seen.

Last edited by Matt_L; 11th November 2008 at 03:12 PM.