View Single Post
Old 9th April 2008, 03:33 PM

Default Another pathetic News Article

Jetstar blamed for missed reunion with dad

9:59a.m. 9 April 2008

Never again. That’s how Trish Henderson feels about booking a flight with Jetstar after a few minutes standing in a queue prevented her from being reunited with her father for the first time in 20 years.

Trish is still seething after being told her $270 return ticket from Maroochydore to Melbourne was worthless when she reached the front of the line on Friday night.

Her family had been planning the reunion since December and she had been looking forward to seeing her father and meeting her half sisters for months.

The Buderim woman said she arrived at the terminal at 5.55pm for the 6.45pm flight and joined the sole Jetstar queue just before 6.10pm.

“There were two people behind the Jetstar desk but only one check-in counter was open and about six people in line,” Trish said.

Trish said that after waiting their turn: “I gave (the ticket counter staff) my ticket and he said, ‘This ticket is no good – you’re four minutes late’.

“I could understand if I had got there late but not when I had been standing in line.

“After the way I was treated I’m never flying with them again, that’s for sure.”

Jetstar said its policy was that passengers must check in 30 minutes before departure. It said Trish had had even more leeway than usual because the flight was unexpectedly delayed.

Airline spokeswoman Simone Pregellio said the check-in was left open for an extra 15 minutes and staff made an announcement to passengers and combed the queue for anyone still waiting to check in before closing the flight.

Ms Pregellio said she understood Ms Henderson arrived 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure, and by then the flight had closed, paperwork was completed and staff were preparing to board passengers.

“Our check-in staff, whilst sympathetic to Ms Henderson’s situation, were unable to assist her to meet this flight due to her very late arrival,” Ms Pregellio said

The Media in Australia Really do make me wonder!
Maybe the woman should use the Web-Check its so easy! And maybe get there on time, Some people are just lazy just rock on up to the desk when they feel.
I fly JQ all the time! They call people up when there is large queues.