View Single Post
Old 28th April 2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Stephanus Gerrardus, chief of the Garuda Pilots' Association, said Komar's trial was "a mess" and it had set a dangerous precedent of criminalising pilots.

"Our main concern is this decision could actually disturb aviation safety," he said.

"Imagine how hard it would be for a pilot to perform his duty when he's burdened with something like this.

"It makes pilots doubtful, and could lead to mistakes.

"If we don't get any attention on this, no correction on this, we will not hesitate to strike."
Is it just me or are these people absolutely insane in the head. I cant actually fathom how you can run an airline/be a part of one and act in this mindset. I see student pilots out of Bankstown who probably have a better sense of safety through their training then this man and the majority of his pilots flying for Garuda.

Theyve been banned in the EU and the USA amongst other places and I simply dont understand why it doesnt extend to Australia. It really is an accident waiting to happen, as Geoff Thomas (esteemed aviation journalist for over 20 years said in an interview on Sunday Nights Channel 7 2 weeks ago)