Thread: VIP on Flight
View Single Post
Old 15th November 2009, 11:18 AM

Default VIP on Flight

Sorry if you may find this thread a bit stupid...

Players from AFL, NRL or A-League needs to travel inter-state to play games against other teams and from scenes on Sports Tonight you can see players often travel on Qantas CityFlyer service.

In addition we also see celebrities like Kyle Sanderland months ago taking Qantas CityFlyer service.

I noticed Business Class seats are fairly limited for such a large group like AFL or NRL team members and I believe those players are travelling Economy Class as I saw on TV.

That means other commuters travelling on CityFlyer planes might have a chance to meet or even sit next together with those sports team members, and where if any of them are lucky to travel on Business Class, they might be able to sit next to big celebrities such as Jessica Mauboy, Ricki-Lee, Stephanie Rice etc.

Hence I just wondering if on the same plane with those celebrities or players there are die-hard fans or even Paparazzi or News Reporters accompany them just like what Ten News often put their camera and filming those players sleeping on CityFlyer whether those VIP will feel annoyed and what Qantas to do to prevent this to happen.

For eg. if Stephanie Rice appears at SYD T3 then there's a group of people requesting photo + signature from her but she doesn't feel like to do so or similar things happen on plane but the fans are so die-hard to follow or beg her what can Qantas do? Any secret passage for these passengers and any special arrangements that would enable her to sit alone on the plane to prevent this from happen?

Also I just wondering for such a large group of AFL or NRL players (talking about 30 - 40 people on one go), whether it will be more feasible to charter a Virgin Blue E70 for their own rather than taking Qantas CityFlyer and jam into a Boeing 737 or 767 as the others do that can enable them more privacy also comfort for the players?

Finally, if you are that luck enough to sit next to a star (like Jess Mauboy or Steph Rice) or a AFL member, what will you do? Will you make friends with them?

CX138 SYD-HKG
CX101 HKG-SYD