View Single Post
Old 28th December 2009, 12:43 PM

Tricky situation here. From what I can see, Todd posted the photos and simply asked us to 'enjoy'. Whilst this is a public forum, he didn't ask for critique so he didn't set himself up to expect any (but perhaps, should have).

Then, Stephen's comment seemed to be in reply to Maikha's earlier post which led him to explain that he didn't like Todd's photos.

That's all fine, but Todd only posted 5 photos, I thought one in particular was quite good - I'm no professional photographer, I don't have any pics submitted on jetphotos or airliners, but sheesh, it's a forum to post up stuff and let people take a look - Todd may not have had any intention to post these to Jetphotos at all. I know they've been posted on other aviation forums though - and why not? Regardless of your own thoughts, Todd's obviously proud of them to show other aviation minded enthusiasts.

You posted that Todd can ask for help if he wants, but he never asked for your critique in the first place yet you chose to provide one - albeit a very vague one. It's fine that you don't want to blow sunshine or provide a positive comment if you don't feel it's warranted, but a little more explanation would've provided some encouragement to Todd for further improvement. How else is he supposed to improve should he want to share his photos again?

Maybe some pointers on one of the photos would've been more helpful if you didn't want to tackle the entire suite. I think anything could have been more helpful than a simple 'not really'.

Anyway, whatever... yes we should expect criticism, and so should those who provide it - even as I expect to receive some for this. But be mindful, this place could become quite dull if suddenly no one wants to post their photos anymore (extreme, but you get the point.)

Dan

04/09/14 QF129 SYD-PVG A333 VH-QPG :: 08/09/14 CX367 PVG-HKG 77W B-KQO :: 13/09/14 QF128 HKG-SYD A388 VH-OQH
29/09/14 QF556 SYD-BNE 763ER VH-OGO :: 30/09/14 QF008 BNE-SYD 744ER VH-OEG