View Single Post
Old 29th March 2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur T View Post
From Regional Practice, they MAY.

In 2008, Oasis Hong Kong collapsed and suspended operations. Passengers stranded and finally they need to pay HK$2500 (tax excl.) for a ticket on Cathay Pacific to continue their journey to London/Vancover.

So the same may happen, or they will simply receive refund if they paid via Credit Card, and you need to book it again.

Finally, the collapse of Viva Macau further illustrates budget carrier will collapse at some point and will never work. Hence I would say it'd be better for Virgin Blue, Pacific Blue, JetStar and Tiger Airways to stop adopting those stupid budget model now and change to high cost luxious model (including free 32KG luggage, 2-3 course meals, Free AVOD and a decent 50" seat width and 38" seat pitch minimum for all passengers) or else you all are risking yourself from collapsing and winding up yourself.

I believe passengers are more willing to pay $150 - 200 for a Sydney - Melbourne Single Ride and be insured from getting their flights cancelled and long delays due to their carrier is collapsing, suspending or simply operational issues that will make them stranded at the airport for days rather than those carriers offering $20 - 30 but you need to risk from all of the above adverse consequences.
Absolutely, what a true statement!!

I mean, airlines like Southwest, JetBlue, Ryanair, EasyJet are just doing so horribly...hang on, haven't they all collapsed already?

Great advice Arthur

And airlines like Qantas never cancel flights or have delays??? Can I have some of what you're smoking please....