View Single Post
Old 20th July 2010, 08:45 PM

Adrian, We're halfway through a LHR-SYD-LHR at the moment with 9 and 11 yr olds. We also did SYD-LHR-SYD and two years ago and numerous

For us, decent inflight entertainment and night flights are the key to sanity when flying with kids. I appreciate your 3yr old is somewhat younger but my kids rate the SIA A380 entertainment and QF A380 entertainment very highly - purely for the games. They don't rate the QF B744 or A330 systems anywhere near as highly. BA gets the big thumbs down.

For my kids entertainment systems from gate to gate is great. QF and SIA A380 offer that. Not sure about the SIA B777's. Otherwise you have to entertain them for up to an hour from sitting down to getting a working in flight system.

I can't comment on other airlines as I haven't had them 'kid tested' recently.

This time we did QF LHR-SIN-SYD-HKG-LHR. It was 60% of the price of a round the world fare for us. We chose to break it in SIN and HKG and could only do two different cities on QF (without extra flights or extra costs).

Using the online QF multicity selector gave some ridiculous prices. A phone call to an agent halved these prices on exactly the same flights as we chose online.

Plenty in Singapore for kids and adults - Sentosa, Universal Studios, great food. Similarly Hong Kong - Disneyland etc. For us HK had the disadvantage of no QF A380 entertainment but night flights QF87 and QF29 help here.

If going QF be careful not to get a BA codeshare.

The summary from my perspective: Modern entertainment system and night flights

That's enough typing. Hope that gives some info. I'm sure others will share some info on other airlines/experiences.

Matt