View Single Post
Old 5th March 2011, 11:21 PM

Absolutely, very well said Nigel. But there are many sides and opinions to any situation. Kids going to their first airshow will get a huge buzz at the current show. However after going to a few airshows human nature kicks in and we always want bigger and better. I remember going to the late Richmond air shows and we had a huge variety, you could climb all over the C5, KC10, L1011, nimrod, starlifter, even had Russian helicopters and antanovs back then. Even the fighter range was huge, with harriers, 15s, 16s, 18s, saabs etc. Im not whinging but the variety is not as much as it used to be, going on my ageing memory. Don't get me wrong I appreciate any aviation event but I can also see the other side as well. What can you do differently? Good question. I don't know, money talks I guess. I don't know what it takes to get more countries to bring out their aircraft. Malaysia and Indonesia are quite close. Not sure if it's politically correct but it would be good if they bought out mig 29s for a fly, something different. We give them enough funds each year don't we? And having the E3 and kc135 in the distance is not much point bring the barriers a bit closer. And to have a F22 come allllll the wayyyy out here and sit as a static is very disappointing. I know the airshow pilot was not available but get
up and do a few tight turns. So my point is I can see both sides. In saying this , I appreciate any aviation event that we get.

Last edited by Tony G; 5th March 2011 at 11:34 PM.