View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:00 AM

Transiting YVR int to int can be quite confusing. You do not complete the Canada arrival paperwork but on arrival proceed to the US transit area where you will be given the US paperwork. From there you will clear US immigration and customs before ending up in the US flights section of the terminal. I found my AC crew had no idea of the process but the ground staff will. The signage however is quite small so make sure you pay attention. It is just a little A4 sized sign directing you down a corridor. From my flight from NRT there was only 3 transit PAX which made it all the more confusing.

In terms of Horizon Air they are the QantasLink of Alaska Air. The flight from YVR to SEA is really quick a bit like SYD-CBR and the views are excellent. Try and get a window seat on the left hand side (so an A seat) for the best view. As has been mentioned the plane is a Q400 (DH4). Out of SEA you will probably want a right hand side window seat for the best view.

Alaska Air is not the greatest airline in terms of food or inflight entertainment so you will want to make sure you have a book/ iPad/ kindle and BYO food on board. SEA airport has a pretty good food selection. Think Jetstar in terms of seat comfort but with a free drink.