View Single Post
Old 7th January 2013, 08:40 PM

Outside

Departures

Virgin Australia ATR72-500 VH-FVL arrived just after 5pm.

At 5:30pm QantasLink Dash 8-Q400 VH-LQK arrived on a closed FIFO charter service.

And QantasLink Boeing 717-200 VH-NXG arrived right after to take me home.

Virgin Australia ATR72-500 VH-FVL heads back to Brisbane

At 6:05pm boarding commenced. So I made my way out VH-NXG for the second time today!

January 6, 2013
QantasLink
QF1717
GLT-BNE
VH-NXG B712
Seat 21A

When I got on the plane I noticed that it was the same crew as my flight earlier! So they were all giving me a funny look when I boarded! One of them said to me, “That was a short trip to Gladstone!” This time I managed to get a good seat, 21A. After being on board for 5 minutes it appeared that boarding had been completed, there would have been about 30-40 people on board! And I had the last 7 rows to myself!

The view from Seat 21A, another Q400 had arrived (VH-QOY) on another closed FIFO charter. The Dash 8 left quickly as it was heading back to BNE empty (so did VH-LQK!)

We had to wait till our scheduled departure time to leave because of Brisbane control. So right on 6:25pm the engines started up and we taxied out to RWY10.

I took a video of the takeoff rather than the usual photos! I just love the noise the 717 makes on takeoff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCrNzGZDRWM

Climbing out after departing on RWY10

Left turn