Thread: MH370 - Missing
View Single Post
Old 16th March 2014, 06:37 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

From NEWS.COM.AU

Quote:
The latest developments in the investigation come as British media are speculating the plane’s disappearance could also be linked to al-Qaeda.
A plot created by Malaysian Islamists to hijack the Malaysia Airlines plane in a 9/11-style attack is being investigated, The UK’s Daily Telegraph reports.

It comes after al-Qaeda informant Saajid Badat, a British-born Muslim from Gloucester, told a court that a group of Malaysian men had been planning to take control of a plane, using a bomb hidden in a shoe to blow open the cockpit door.

Security experts said his evidence was “credible”.
Quote:
Badat said that he had met the Malaysian jihadists – one of whom was a pilot – in Afghanistan and given them a shoe bomb to use to take control of an aircraft.
In giving evidence at the trial in New York of Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, Osama bin Laden’s son-in-law, Badat said: “I gave one of my shoes to the Malaysians. I think it was to access the cockpit.”

Badat, who spoke via video link, said the Malaysian plot was being masterminded by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was behind the 9/11 attack in the US in 2001.