Thread: V Australia?
View Single Post
Old 27th July 2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McLaughlin View Post
Working back from this, if delivery is late October, then it will probably be rolled out and painted in early October, which means it'll enter the factory production line as a recognisable (albeit, in large pieces) 777 in early to mid September.

Boeing says a 777 typically takes 3-4 weeks to travel through the factory, although large components of VA's first jet are likely already in place at Everett reading to slot into the line when needed.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel C View Post
Remember, it IS a Boeing 777, not an Airbus A380.
Haha... good point there Nigel.

Yeh, I know, it won't exactly be one of the newest 777s to hit the skies, but you can be sure that V Australia/Virgin will create some fanfare to firstly promote the new airline, and secondly to try and take some gloss off QF's A380 inauguration.

And it doesn't matter if there are only 10 people out there waiting for the first V Aust' 77W (as opposed to the hundred or so 'spectators' for SQ's A380) I'll still be just as excited waiting for its arrival.

I'm glad as it is that SQ have a 77W operating into SYD, and TG changing to a 77H...so the more 777-300/ERs the better I say!