Thread: Qantas 787
View Single Post
Old 9th February 2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis McLean View Post
I did the JFKJ/LAX leg in June last year and the aircraft was "pretty full". I was in Business Class which was full and premium Economy only had 2 spare seats. Economy had a few vacant seats but I estimate that there were well over 300 on the flight, an ER, OEI. Remember that the 5 x 744's to go are OEB and OJM with 353 seats = 706 and OJS, T & U with 364 seats = 1092, total 1798. Someone on the site here said that the 789's will be about 250 seats = 2000. Where is the availability for Expansion, an extra 202 seats not even 1 x 789??????????? Unless QF will put more seats in then we might have 1 extra 789 based on seat numbers.
As I have said before QF is running on empty with fleet numbers in the A 380's and 744's, nothing spare really.
New aircraft are nice (and necessary) for Qantas so forgive my whinge, but the 744 from BNE to LAX is pretty often packed to the rafters too, so replacing a 744 with a 787 on this run is quite a downsize. I guess that's the way it goes, and people will find another way if they can't squeeze on Qantas, like maybe the new AC 787 daily service to Vancouver for example. Qantas will be caring and sharing their passengers to other services (and airlines!)

Next Trips:
Feb BNE-CBR-BNE, QF
18May BNE-DPS-KUL-PEN-SIN-BNE, VA/AirAsia/QF
05Oct BNE-YVR-PDX-YVR-BNE, AC