View Single Post
Old 9th December 2012, 04:18 PM

DAY 7: NOVEMBER 30: QUEENSTOWN AIRPORT

Well today was meant to be the day we do our Milford Sound Fly/Cruise/Fly tour! I called 10 minutes before pick up for the weather to find that the tour has been cancelled due to bad weather at Milford Sound!!! I was very disappointed as I had really been looking forward to the tour. I asked what my options were and they said that they would put us on the 12:30pm tour. At 11pm I called for the weather check and the 12:30pm tour was cancelled!!! They said that there would be no flights today because of the weather so I rescheduled for the following day at 8am and hoped for the best!

We hadn’t planned what we would do if the tour was cancelled, so we just decided to go to the airport for a while, we ended up spending 3-4 hours there, time sure flies when you’re in such an amazing place like Queenstown. Queenstown Airport was pretty good, there always seemed to be a commercial plane on the ground whilst we were there, the most we saw at one time was three planes, there was also a lot of Helicopter and light plane movements. Here are some of my photos.