View Single Post
Old 9th December 2012, 04:18 PM

Frankton Golf Course is right next to the airport and certainly makes for a good spotting location. We just made sure that when people playing golf came along that we got out of their way. After an awesome time spotting we went back to the hotel and relaxed for the rest of the day.

DAY 8: DECEMBER 1: QUEENSTOWN

Got up at 6:30am and got ready for the Milford Sound tour, called at 7am for the weather check, and again, cancelled! I asked if there would be any flights later and they said that they would not be flying to Milford Sound today! So we had to cancel it, because the following morning we would be off to Brisbane! I emailed the company when I got back to Brisbane and they have fully refunded it, I guess will have to try again some other time

We went into Queenstown for the day and had a look around, bought some souvenirs and what not. We had a look around Queenstown Bay and saw that there were one and a half hour cruises around Lake Wakatipu and the Frankton Arm for $25 which I thought was good, so we decided to do it. Turned out that we were the only two booked on it, so we had the whole boat to ourselves!

After a great day in Queenstown we made our way back to the hotel! Tomorrow we would be going home