View Single Post
Old 14th July 2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Wells View Post
Can anyone comment on Alaskan airlines service? I'll be flying from Seattle to either SFO/LAX in MAy next year and have offers for them or American Airlines.. Must admit whilst in Seattle will be heading to Boeing/Paine Field. Anyone got any good info on that?
I flew with AS from DCA-LAX back in March. Their service was friendly and efficient, and I also got the exit row free (which was fantastic because due to weather, we had to fly over Dallas, making the trip 6hrs in a 738 ). I'd happily fly with AS again. I haven't flown with AA, so can't comment on a comparison.

In terms of Seattle, PAE is a fair way outside the city, so you'll probably want to hire a car. Seeing as you're under 25 like me, this could be a bit pricey. Even though you can't take photos, the tour of PAE was AMAZING, and at less than US$20, it's a bargain! PAE has very few movements (at least, there were very few while I was there), so BFI is the way to go for spotting. Check out the museum at BFI as well, really interesting!

SEA is also fairly (dare I say it) boring for spotting, at least in comparison to SFO and LAX. There are, however, a couple of interesting arrivals, most notably Icelandair 752s.

Hope you enjoy the trip, Kieren. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions!