View Single Post
Old 12th October 2009, 03:48 AM

Post LHR-GVA leg

LHR-GVA leg
Boarding of QF3661/BA728 commenced on time at Gate A7 – quite a way from the First Class lounge in Terminal 5! But I walk quickly and I’m on board 15 mins before scheduled departure time. Aircraft is G-EUPM, an Airbus A319-100. Pushback was four minutes early at 10.11 am but that time was quickly lost as we were 7th in the queue for our runway 27R takeoff. Wheels up at 10.33 with a break in the clouds giving a good view around Heathrow as we climb out:

A 109 km/h tailwind helped us get from LHR to GVA 13 minutes early, as the flight crew and then the cabin crew reminded us twice before we disembarked!

Great views of Lake Geneva and the iconic water jet on approach too:

Typical Swiss efficiency – a display counting down the time until our luggage starts to pile out of the conveyor, and of course it was spot on too!

And so, after about 30 hours of travel door to door, I reach my hotel and can get to work, withut having to think too much about the return trip next weekend. I'll try to do better with the picture quality - wife wanted the good camera so I got the old standby which doesn't have shake correction - it really shows I'm afraid.