View Single Post
Old 10th June 2010, 12:33 PM

Hakan, I think your decision to overnight in NYC is a wise one. I would be interested to hear if anyone knows if any of the airports are better equiped to handle weather related factors than the other. I was caught many years ago when I was flying from La Guardia to Boston and return in one day to visit a friend. I sat on a Delta 727-200 for 3 hours at the gate in La Guardia (which actually didn't bother me at all: NYC + plane = better than being stuck in front of the telie back home). I seem to recall that all 3 major greater NYC airports were snowed in that morning. For the record I did make it to see my friend who picked me and a live lobster (some would say "pick the difference") at the airport (live lobster shop in ther terminal). We had enough time to go to her home, prepare and linger over a wonderful meal and return to the airport that evening for my Pan Am Shuttle 727-200 flight back to La Guardia (GREAT night views flying over Manhattan, a windy-as-hell landing and opportunity to see the old Maritime terminal).