View Single Post
Old 7th April 2009, 10:32 PM

Surley the pilot is not the only one with their actions being scrutinised here. I have not read into any of this discussion, but from what I can gather the media is pointing the finger squarely at the pilot, and so is anyone who pays attention to that.

In my line of work, If i made a terrible mistake that jeopardised the lives of passengers, I would be held accountable. However, an investigation would also be carried out into how I was trained, the working conditions and any other factors that affect my ability to work. If any problems were found there, then action would be taken against those parties as well.

I do not think anyone here is questioning that the pilot should not be punished, and I believe a gaol term is a fair punishment. His command decisions that day can hardly be considered normal as per his training. However I do not think that this investigation has stopped there, questions must linked to the flight crew's training, why did the First Officer not take over after repeatedly asking the Captain to abort the landing for instance?