View Single Post
Old 26th June 2011, 11:39 AM

Cruising over NSW at 34 000ft

Once we got to our cruising altitude the food trolley came through, for the first with Tiger Airways I purchased something, I got the Chicken wrap and coke. The chicken wrap was very nice, it costs $11 which isn't really to bad, I had a look at some of the restaurants at Brisbane Airport before the flight and they were all around the same price.

Descending in to Melbourne

On finals for RWY27 passing the city, also saw Essendon Airport

Nearly down passing T1 Qantas/Jetstar Domestic

Almost there, passing T2 International

And were down

Here is a video Josh took of the landing
http://www.youtube.com/user/Joshmati...11/_wYVD3WAJlk

Melbourne Airport's current control tower and new control tower

Taxiing to the Tiger terminal, passing Qantas A380 VH-OQE and Singapore B744 9V-SPO

Thai Airways B773 HS-TKF

Royal Brunei B772 V8-BLE

At the gate, lots of REX saab's including the 'City of Wagga Wagga' plane

Interested aircraft I noted whilst taxiing that I haven't posted photos of include Emirates Boeing 777-300ER A6-ECD, China Southern Airbus A330-300 B-6098, Virgin Australia Boeing 737-800 VH-YFE (all white) and Southern Air Boeing 747-200F N765SA.

So that was the end of my flight to MEL, a part from being an hour late it was a very good flight, the f/a’s were very friendly, food was nice, flight was very smooth and comfortable. This is probably the longest flight I would do with Tiger, on flights longer than this it wouldn’t be very comfortable and of course, no inflight entertainment. But I thoroughly enjoyed the flight and would definitely fly Tiger again to MEL.

Spotting in Melbourne

We left the Tiger terminal and walked to T1, I had heard that it is a long walk from T4 to all the other terminals but it isn’t bad at all, only about 5 minutes to T3 and then another 2 minutes down to T2 and T1. Went through security with no problems and we went up to the boarding gates to see what we could find. Time for some more photos.

The Tiger Tower

First aircraft I noted was Boeing 737-400 VH-TJJ also at T1 was Boeing 737-800 VH-VYC then I moved over to the furthest part of the terminal where I saw Jetstar Airbus A320 VH-VQU and Airbus A321 VH-VWT which followed us from Brisbane, Qantas Airbus A330-200 VH-EBM and Boeing 767-300ER VH-OGV, there was also a Q400 but I didn’t get the registration. Also saw Jetconnect Boeing 737-400 ZK-JTQ, Cathay Pacific Airbus A330-300 B-LAF, Qantas Airbus A380 VH-OQE and Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-400 9V-SPO parked over at T2. More photos!

T2 - International

Qantas A332 VH-EBM

Qantas B763 VH-OGV arriving at the gate