View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2009, 08:36 PM

Hi all,

I've been using MSFS for nearly 15 years now.
Starting with FS4, my greatest moment was when I installed the Sound Card add-on software, with real engine sounds, and also a scenery and aircraft design toolkit (Very basic). I used to make little secret airports around the world, one even in a really deep valley that made it impossible to land unless you know how to.

In FS5 I started designing more aircraft with some editor, and more scenery, nothing major though.

I also used fs98, fs2000 and fs9, and am currently using (On and off) FSX.

FS4 ran on my NEC Powermate 386 SX-16 with 4MB ram and 42MB MFM Hard Disk, 14" CRT Monitor, 8 Bit Mono Sound Card.

FSX runs on my Intel QuadCore Q6600 2.4Ghz, 4GB Memory, 1.5TB Total Disk Space, 256MB Video Card and 17" (Soon to be 22") LCD Screen.

Greatest moments include flying online for the first time with mates around the country over the space of a year (Every weekend), taking the SR-71 Blackbird for a short hop PER-SYD (The long way round), and finding a setting in aircraft.cfg that could change the thrust of the 737-400 so that you could take off and be at FL350 in under 60 seconds using only 50% engine power!

Cheers,

Carsten

PS: Does anyone know a good BAE146 or Avro RJ70/85/100 Sim for FSX?

Numloxx's Flightlog
jetphotos.net