View Single Post
Old 18th April 2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon L. View Post
Somewhat true but in my opinion CX had never ever been very top-notch at least in Economy and Business. However, that's not the case for SQ, one of the airlines I was extremely loyal to (was a PPS Club member for a year, Krisflyer Gold for 4 years, used to take upto 35 SQ flight sectors annually but this figure went down to 6 in 2008) but disappointments grew over the years that I couldn't even be bothered with being a Krisflyer member nowadays. So, SQ's lower service standard and poorer product offerings really put a huge contrast to its past and it keeps downgrading that travelling on SQ flights in 3-5 years time may very well likely to be flying with a budget carrier. Currently, I still enjoy Star Alliance Gold benefits whenever fly on SQ (or any other Star Alliance member carriers for that matter) so couldn't care less about the Krisflyer anyway (due to my primary FFP now is with another Star Alliance carrier).

In fact, one "incident" with SQ back in 2007 really p**sed me off that I pursued for almost 7 months before a proper response was eventually offered by a senior manager at SQ's head office in SIN (and that was the result of turning to using personal contacts after first 5 emails/letters sent to various customer relations contact details listed publicly went unanswered), I believe for a so-called world-class premium airline that was simply unacceptable. As for CX, at least they do get back to me everytime despite the fact that I have only written to CX four times as I probably only takes 3-6 CX flights per year and they even called me to personally discuss the matter on one occasion with sincere apology and a very surprised birthday gift as compensation.

Regards.
Perhaps in that case your expectation is too high and I don't think there any airlines out there that will please you. What can be so unacceptable to make you write 5 emails / letters and hold a grudge for 7 months. No matter what class you are in, you're still just the 1 passenger out of 300 pax on the flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Morrison View Post
And if you read some other sites flike Flyertalk, then a lot of CX flyers arent happy with CX currently either - quite a lot of cost cutting and shoddy service to be had.
Most airlines out there are cost cutting - I wouldn't be surprised if CX is cutting hard given its losses.