View Single Post
Old 27th May 2012, 08:29 AM

Whilst I agree, in principle, with the suggestion of those knowledgeable and respected sources being able to post, it can only be a logistical nightmare to administer and would come across 'elitist' to some of the newer and potential readers out there. The sources that we do have, are a great resource to have, and I (as others have said before me) am grateful we have them. No need to mention names, as they've been mentioned, but without them all, we wouldn't have been afforded the possibilities we have been accustomed too.

I think it would be a fair assumption to make, that there are 'trolls' out there who are members, and maybe not yet, who would be sitting back and watching the board self-implode at the moment, wondering "if I make a post, anywhere, am I going to be flamed?", and this is a sad indictment on the forum. And I personally think that, keeping an open forum (especially for the spotting threads and 'Noteworthyness') allowing everyone to post is the best way to move forward, and restoring the board to the friendly atmosphere we all enjoyed, joined for and welcomed on the last spotting weekend. After all, we are all here for the enjoyment of spotting, right?

I think we should all sit back, have a cuppa and read the threads we want to read (without bias), note what we want to note, and close the screen down or move to another area of the board. Remembering - what may NOT be noteworthy for some, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't for others! A little civility wouldn't go astray!

Now, back to spotting

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images