View Single Post
Old 8th April 2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Smith View Post
I didn't ask you to repeat what you said Martin, I asked you what you meant by your comment...

Or are you going to fein ignorance and dodge the question again?
Sorry, ok I feel from past experience when companies work with unions and vice versa what the company wants the union generally accepts as with an EBA the union will say we want a 12% pay increase over 3 years the company will say we are only willing to give you 9%, union saysok no worries end of story.

Ive also seen where the union has been that weak that they wouldnt even seek a EBA from the company and just excepted award wages for its members, I used to question the union rep and say well Ive given the union $7 in union dues all year but what have you done for the members and what are we going to see in the future? It was a weak response of well nothing much and I have never been a union member ever again and wont ever be either as they are more than happy to take the dues from you and offer nothing in return, I guess another prime example would be the QF pay/EBA discussions recently the union came out all gun ho saying well rolling stoppages etc and as soon as it come time to do it the union had already gone as soft as butter, and in the end I dont think they did anything.