Thread: sat navs
View Single Post
Old 5th December 2011, 07:10 PM

I'm curious to know why any passenger would need to use a sat nav system onboard a commercial RPT aircraft? Perhaps they don't trust the pilots ability to navigate safely to the destination? If it sounds stupid, it probably is!

Just like people who are so self-absorbed/important they can't turn their mobile phones off.

Just like people who are so miserably impatient they can't wait for the seat belt sign to be extinguished.

To bolster their coffers, perhaps the airlines could introduce harsh financial penalties for breaches of aviation regulations (ie: any of the above). You stand up early, you get fined $500. You're phone rings outside of a prescribed period where phones may be turned on, you get fined $1,000.

Mick F and I rarely agree (except regarding Navara's and their Nissanly awesomeness), however this is one of those occasions where I fully support the full arm of the law being laid down upon people in breach of a C.A.R.

Just like people who use mattocks to damage ADF helicopters, but that's for another day