View Single Post
Old 14th March 2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Looks like DJ have dropped ADL-HBA from 27APR though, Looks like TT have won that battle, considering people on the board saying in a previous thread that DJ's ADL-HBA was safe.
Is this confirmed? I know the ADL-HBA flights no longer appear in the schedules, but isn't the schedule post April 27 still a work in progress? For example, the schedule post April 27 shows 11 x MEL-ADL, but only 9 x ADL-MEL (with a 6 hour gap in the middle of the day), 5 x CBR-MEL but only 4 x MEL-CBR etc. So is it possible that the ADL-HBA flights have not been canned, but are just yet to be loaded into the system?

In the past, routes that get dropped are the ones that are struggling. The ones that are struggling tend to have the lowest tier of blue saver fare available for sale every day, even up to the day of travel. ADL-HBA has been incredibly full recently, with many days only having $300+ and $400+ fares (if any at all!) available. That means they have sold all the $100+ and $200+ etc fares, meaning yield should not be a problem.

Can someone from DJ confirm the aircraft type currently used. I believe it is E190/737 on alternate days of the week. If so, downgrading to daily E190 or even E170 will cover the upcoming winter downturn.

HBA airport is bucking the financial crisis trend arguably better than any other airport in th country. Why would DJ start HBA-CBR on April 6, only to drop HBA-ADL on April 27? It just doesn't make sense to me, which is why I don't believe it is true!