View Single Post
Old 15th October 2017, 08:30 AM

Yes. However I find the seating in Y on the AirNZ widebodies is much more comfortable with a bit more legroom and "cushier' than the QF A330, probably because the 787 are also used on the long haul routes. Even the AirNZ A320s are a bit more comfortable. Big bonus for QF on the route is the quality of meal, which I find appalling on AirNZ, even after you paid extra for it. So I don't anymore! Bottom line for me is that EK offered a better level of service and comfort and I often scored an upgrade to Business.
I felt EK offered some good competition on the routes, however with the direct Middle East services it probably doesn't make commercial sense. Seemed like they had good load factors on my flts but I don't know how profitable, plus a later arrival into Sydney from DXB could have a knock on effect for the return.
EK like QF interlines with Jetstar over here and that is bad news for the business traveller, well any traveller really! I moved to purchasing separate EK and AirNZ tickets for int and dom sectors and it worked out about the same$. I thought it was worth hauling your bags between terminals on the way out.
So now I go AirNZ all the way. Cheaper because I don't pay for lousy food service, more comfortable, bags transfer on way out of AKL and more reliable connections.