View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2009, 08:07 PM

Yes they should be moderated.

In this day and age, across many forums, people choose to press the quote button to reply to a post rather than editing the post down only to what requires being quoted.

I mean if I wanted to quote Geoff W above, I can press the quote button and do this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
Andrew,

I think your point maybe valid, however going though all these posts every day must drive the mods nuts! It is free!

I have never been reprimanded by the mods, as I am sure LOTS of others havent been either.

After you have read a post or two when the "bolded messages" have been there, surely you will get the message.

I mean my comment sincerely and am NOT IN ANY WAY having a go at anyone who may have been in my language "bolded".

Kind regards,

Geoff
Or I can choose to edit it PRIOR to pressing "Submit Reply" and quote only what is required, ie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
After you have read a post or two when the "bolded messages" have been there, surely you will get the message.
However in most cases it is never generally necessary to quote the person who appears directly above your post when read by others.

Personally, I think the "Reply with Quote" button should be removed and users manually insert anything they believe need to be quoted.

We have a great board and I believe it's professional appearance is something we should all strive to preserve.

Now go on, someone quote this entire post........